Are you a Social Enterprise, Not For Profit or a Cooperative and want to grow your organisation or business?
The Victorian State government, as part of its Social Enterprise strategy, has made available funding for eligible organisations through its Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Program.
The Voucher program gives successful applicants access to services, advice or expertise provided by registered service providers; the agreed work is funded to 80% by the Victorian Government.
A voucher of up to 80 precent of the total cost of services towards an eligible business capability project, provided on a cash co-contribution basis, with successful
Applicants contributing a minimum value of 20 precent towards the project. The maximum value of a voucher is $25,000 (exclusive of GST)
See below for details of the program including eligibility, what the intended outcomes (Projects) of the program are and the steps that you need to undertake to be part of this great opportunity.
Capacity International Pty Ltd is a registered Service Provider under the Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Program.
For more information on Capacity International visit the Capacity International home page.
Details on how the voucher program works (eligibility)
To be eligible to receive this support you must fill a number of criteria they include:
- Be an organisation that supports an economic social cultural or environmental mission consistence with a public or community benefit.
- SMEs that operate with a social enterprise model are eligible to apply and they are a social enterprise registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Are a legal entity that the applicant can clearly evidence is a “social enterprise” or able to demonstrate a business model that is underpinned by an economic, social, cultural, or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Have an operating presence in Victoria and undertake the project in Victoria, or are able to demonstrate market need and evidence of intentions to relocate or expand a successful social enterprise model into Victoria
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity
- Conduct the proposed project activities in partnership with an approved Registered Service Provided
- Not-for-profits and charity organisations are eligible to apply but only when they are:
- A social enterprise
- Starting a social enterprise
- Looking to move to a social enterprise model
- Applications close on the 22 December 2019
Projects funded by this project in this stream will (intended outcomes):
- lead to organisational efficiencies through implementation of new-to-the-firm business systems and processes that increase firm productivity and/or
- increase new market development through identifying new market opportunities and developing workable plans to access those markets and/or
- increase financial readiness, better equipping social enterprises to identify and manage investment and funding opportunities and/or
- increase contract readiness, better equipping social enterprises to access government and corporate procurement opportunities and/or
- increase visibility to market and brand recognition of social enterprises
Steps involved in applying for the voucher program:
- Do you fit the eligibility requirements – see above
- If you fit the requirements and want to engage the services of Capacity International please contact us.
- We will agree upon the services your require and agree on the scope of work
- We can support you in the application required by the government
- Both the Scope of Work and your application are sent to the government
Capacity International has a range of services designed to develop and improve your organisations capacity.